Want to begin working as a professional in the field, organizing your own courses, issuing certifications and conducting open water skin dives? NAUI Skin Diving Instructor training will enable you to join NAUI as a leadership member and independently conduct skin diving training. Because of the growing popularity of snorkeling and skin diving, this may gain you substantial financial rewards. You can also team-teach with a NAUI Instructor, offering the skin diving portion of the Scuba Diver Course.
This is a leadership level certification course designed to train and qualify persons and issue certifications in skin (breath-hold) diving.
The course will make available to individuals, schools, camps, or similar groups NAUI Leaders who can effectively teach people to enjoy skin diving with minimal risk.
Qualifications of Graduates
- An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may independently teach the NAUI Skin Diving course and designated specialty courses as skin diving courses and authorize NAUI to issue certifications for these.
- An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may, while being overseen by an active-status NAUI Instructor, perform as an assistant during NAUI scuba diving courses. If certified as a scuba diver, this may include scuba training activities.
- An active-status Skin Diving Instructor may independently perform the swimming skills evaluation and teach the skin diving portions of the NAUI Scuba Diver course.
- An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor who completes a NAUI-DAN First Aid Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI-DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI-DAN training and support materials, may teach the NAUI-DAN First Aid programs.
Prerequisites for Entering the Course
- Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
- Certification as a NAUI Skin or Scuba Diver or the equivalent is required.
- Certification as a NAUI Rescue Scuba Diver or the equivalent, or lifeguarding certification is required.
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent.
- Current certification in NAUI Oxygen Provider or equivalent.
- A minimum of 25 logged skin dives is required. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth and activities.
- Materials – Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.